01253 477875 – Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
3. Out Of Hours
Call 01253 477678/ 0800 073 0184
4. Gas, Electric & Water emergencies please contact:
- Gas: Transco – 0800 111 999 (If you smell gas)
- Electric: Electricity North West – 0800 195 4141 (If you have a power cut)
- Water: United Utilities – 0345 6723723 (If you have a total loss of water)
An emergency repair is one that might result in harm to people or property if it is not fixed quickly. We will attend within 24 hours. You will be charged if you call us out to a non-emergency repair out of hours.
When you call, our staff will advise you on what an emergency repair is.
Here are some examples:
- Burst or uncontrollable leak on heating system or pipework
- Total loss of heating (gas or electric)
- Fully blocked toilet (where only one is available)
- Total or partial loss of power i.e. no sockets and/or no lighting
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical faults
- Security issues i.e. a need to gain entry where no other access is available
Some of the repairs to your home are your responsibility. We may fix these for you but you will then be recharged for the work.
If you contact us about a repair or damage to your property, we will ask you how it happened and if you report it as a crime, we will ask for the crime reference number. We will then advise you if it is your responsibility to fix and if so, what recharge might be applied.
Repairs may be recharged to you if the damage was caused due to an accident or if it has been abused. Any damages caused to a communal area by you, a friend or a member of your family may also be rechargeable.
If you are charged for a repair, an invoice will be sent out to your home address. This will advise you of the recharge amount. Payment plans can be put in place to pay for repair recharges.
Condensation and Mould growth – What is it and how to I cure it?
Condensation can cause dampness and mould growth in your home. This looks unpleasant and can increase the risk of respiratory illness. It can also cause wooden window frames to rot.